What you can do instead is separately set up your router for guest access. Most modern routers support guest networking which is creating an additional SSID for guests to access your router and use your Internet connection.
What’s great about creating a guest network is that any resources you share on your networks, such as files or printers, are not accessible to those connected to the guest SSID. Here’s how to set up a guest WiFi network at home.
A Guest wi-fi network is a great way to give your guests access to the internet without sharing your primary wi-fi password.
A guest wi-fi network is essentially a separate access point on your router. All of your home devices are connected to one point, and the guest network is a different point that provides access to the internet.
it will help you keep your shared files, and personal data safe on your primary network.
- Download Mobile Friendly Facebook Phishing Page for All Smartphone Users 2020
- How to Control Android phone from PC or another Android Phone remotely | Android Remote Access!
- Follow these Simple Steps to Detect and Remove Malware from your Windows10 PC!
- How to Increase Active Followers on Instagram | Get Real Instagram Followers 2020
- How to Unsubscribe from unwanted Emails in Gmail | Unsubscribe from Emails!
- How to perform Lock Screen Phishing Attacks using Lockphish Tool
- 5 Attacks Which are Harmful For Your Whatsapp Account & How to be safe in 2020!
- Top 5 Free, and Secure VPN Apps for Android in 2020
- How to Remove Android lock screen, and Bypass Google Verification (FRP) Lock
How to create a separate guest Wi-Fi network at home?
Now, here are some steps that you can easily configure a separate guest network. So, Step by step follow me-
STEP:1) First of all, you need to log into your router’s web interface.
STEP:2) In the router web interface find the guest network option.
Note: In your case it may be hidden in the wi-fi section.
STEP:3) Add the name of the guest network this is the name that your guests will see in the list of available wi-fi networks.
STEP:4) Now, Set the encryption type WPA/WPA2. So, that data transmitted over wi-fi cannot be intercepted.
STEP:5) Now, Set a password for the guest network. Now, only those who know the password can access this network.
STEP:6) Make sure that allow guests to access the local network is disabled. So, that guests won’t be able to see your shared files and other information on your primary network.
STEP:7) Now, Guest Network control using this feature you can limit the bandwidth of the guest network.
In the Egress Bandwidth field enter the maximum upload speed, and in the ingress bandwidth field enter the maximum download speed that you will allow.
STEP:8) You can also set a specific time for guests to be able to access the internet, and click on the Save button.
All set you have now configured a guest wi-fi network, that provides secure internet access to your guests. when you have visitors in your house, you need to just enable the guest network for them. So, your guests can access the network using the password you set.
LAST WORD: So in this way, you can easily set up a guest WiFi network at your home?
Now stay in touch with your loved ones without any interruption. So, friends, this is the end of the article, If you liked this post, please do not forget to share it.